Travel is a beautiful transformative experience that will change you forever! If you’re like us, sometimes it’s just a few words or pictures that will inspire you to plan a trip. This list of the best inspirational quotes about travel will surely have you ready to pack your suitcase!
More Travel Lists & Tips
- 10 Cheapest Countries to Travel to on Your Next Vacation
- How to Plan a Trip Anywhere: 10 Step Easy Guide
- 25 Fun & Exciting Things to Do in Maui
- Packing For A Day Hike: 10 Essentials We Always Carry
- 15 Fun Things to Do in Venice on Your First Visit
75 Inspirational Travel Quotes
1. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
2. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
3. “Traveling. It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
4. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – Melody Truong
5. “Travel can also be the spirit of adventure somewhat tamed, for those who desire to do something they are a bit afraid of.” – Ella Maillart
6. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
7. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
8. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
9. “Travelling tends to magnify all human emotions.” – Peter Hoeg
10. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
11. “Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin.
12. “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” – Ray Bradbury
13. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
14. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
15. “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
16. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
17. “Surely, of all the wonders of the world, the horizon is the greatest.” – Freya Stark
18. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
Best Quotes About Travel
19. “Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection.” – Lawrence Durrell
20. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you.” – Anthony Bourdain
21. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
22. “The farther I travel, the closer I am to myself.” – Andrew McCarthy
23. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you’ve traveled.” – Mohammed
24. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
25. “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn
26. “Travel is like an endless university. You never stop learning.” – Harvey Lloyd
27. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
28. “The journey matters more than the destination.” – Tony Fahkry
29. “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
30. “A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.” – Henry Rollins
31. “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake
32. “Never fear quarrels, but seek hazardous adventures.” – Alexandre Dumas
33. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey.” – Fitzhugh Mullan
34. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
36. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the trip.” – Babs Hoffman
More Inspirational Quotes on Travel
37. “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville
38. “Oh, the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
39. “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
40. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
41. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
42. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”– Mark Twain
43. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends… The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
44. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
45. “Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.” – Ewan Mcgregor
46. “The journey is part of the experience — an expression of the seriousness of one’s intent. One doesn’t take the A train to Mecca.” – Anthony Bourdain
47. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
48. “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. And I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” – Eric Roth
49. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho
50. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
More of the Best Travel Quotes
51. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by. – Robert Frost
52. “A wise man travels to discover himself.” – James Russell Lowell
53. “Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.” – Anthony Bourdain
54. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
55. “The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
56. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
57. “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret” – Oscar Wilde
58. “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake
59. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
60. “Traveling — it gives you home in a thousand strange places, then leaves you a stranger in your own land.” – Ibn Battuta
61. “Travel expands the mind and fills the gap.” – Sheda Savage
Funny Travel Quotes
Ready for a laugh? After reading all those inspirational travel quotes it’s only fair! Here are a few of the best travel quotes that gave us a chuckle.
62. “Drink heavily with locals whenever possible.” – Anthony Bourdain
63. “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
64. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
65. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
66. “Nothing lasts forever, except the day before you start your vacation.” – Gayland Anderson
Anonymous Travel Quotes
Weirdly some of the best quotes about travel have unknown authors!
67. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” –Anonymous
68. “Work, save, travel, repeat.” – Anonymous
69. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
70. “Life is meant for good friends and great adventures” –Anonymous
71. “Collect Moments, Not Things.” – Anonymous
72. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” –Anonymous
73. “Be a traveler not a tourist” – Anonymous
74. “Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.” – Anonymous
75. “I wish I had never gone traveling… said no one ever.” –Anonymous
More Travel Quotes
- 44 New Journey Quotes That Will Inspire You to Travel the Globe
- 55 Hiking Quotes That Will Make You Want to Climb a Mountain
- 62 Exciting Adventure Quotes That Will Make You Drop Everything
What were some of your favorite inspirational travel quotes? Do you have any more of the best travel quotes to share that we missed? Leave us a comment below!
Where in the world are we? Follow our daily adventures on Instagram @nothingfamiliar!
PIN FOR LATER ↓
Nothing Familiar Travel Guide
Information: Explore dozens of amazing destinations around the world, travel planning tips, itineraries, street food guides, and so much more.
Flights: We always find our cheap flight deals using Skyscanner. That’s how we flew from Norway to Poland for under $20 USD, and Thailand to Vietnam for less than $50!
Accommodation: Compare multiple sites to get to the best deal such as Booking.com, Agoda, & Vrbo!
Rental Car: We use Discover Cars to explore when traveling. A quick travel tip is to ask for a weekly rate than just booking 2-3 days.
Tours: Check out Get Your Guide to find thousands of activities around the world. From street food tours to skip the line entry passes!
Travel Insurance: Never travel abroad without protection. We’ve been using SafetyWing for the last few years on the road and they are there when we need them.
Packing Lists: Find all the inspiration you need with our Amazon packing lists. Including our electronics and camera gear, must-have medical items, and long flight essentials!
*We receive a commission for purchases made through links in this post. This allows us to continue our travels and keep providing great content to our readers! Also, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.