We’ve visited Singapore many times, and so often looked up at the iconic Marina Bay Sands hotel. Finally on our last trip we took the plunge and splurged on a one night stay! The hotel itself is an amazing 5 star property, but we’d be lying if we said we didn’t book it to swim in the Marina Bay Sands infinity pool. Ever since it was built high above the city skyline, it has become known as one of the best swimming pools in the world. However, this rooftop pool experience in Singapore didn’t come cheap with rooms starting at several hundred dollars a night. So join us on our adventure as we discover if the Marina Bay Sands pool in Singapore lives up to the hype!
Pin For Later ↓
Singapore Travel Inspiration
- Gardens by the Bay Singapore: Cloud Forest to Supertree Grove
- Marina Bay Sands: Singapore’s Most Epic Hotel
- Best Hawker Centers in Singapore: 8 Must Try Food Markets
- 15 Strange Singapore Laws You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- Singapore’s Hawker Chan Stall: The Cheapest Michelin Star Meal in the World
About the Marina Bay Sands Infinity Pool
Since its opening in 2010, Marina Bay Sands has widely been regarded as having one of the best swimming pools in the world. Not only is it currently the world’s largest rooftop infinity pool, but the actual design of the building is beyond your wildest imagination.
Cut into three different sections, the swimming pool is spread across the top of three buildings in the shape of boat. From the highest floor of the building you’ll have a view of the entire city as you float atop this unreal resort. As impressive as the 150 meter long Marina Bay Sands infinity pool is, there’s much more on the roof to enjoy!
If you walk back behind the other side of the pool you’ll see three jacuzzi’s sitting side by side. The cool thing about these hot tubs are that they’re facing the opposite direction towards the port side of the city. That means you can lounge in the bubbly water, and watch as thousands of boats pull into Singapore!
Marina Bay Sands Infinity Pool Day vs. Night
It’s easy to see that the Marina Bay Sands infinity pool is the showstopper, and main draw to this luxury hotel. Try and put swimming aside for a second… The view alone from up here is breathtaking!
Unfortunately, the only way to swim in the Marina Bay Sands pool in Singapore is to be a hotel guest. Still, you can buy a ticket to the SkyPark observation deck and grab a drink at the bar as another option.
Another fun part about the Marina Bay Sands pool in Singapore is experiencing it at different parts of the day. During the daytime is the most crowded to take a swim in the Marina Bay Sands pool. The sun will be cranking down on you most days so make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen.
At night it takes on a different theme, but it’s still just as fun. Enjoy a swim in the epic rooftop pool in Singapore and watch the skyline light up with colors. If possible, try and time your swim with the nightly Singapore light show!
Taking Advantage of Your Time
Due to the price tag you’re probably not staying at this iconic Singapore resort for many days. For this reason, you’ll really want to make the most of your time here! Here’s some quick tips that will help you have an awesome experience at one of the best swimming pools in the world.
1. Check In Early: You’ll definitely want to check in as early as possible so you can get to swimming at the Marina Bay Sands pool Singapore! We were able wait for our room at the pool around 9am and get into our room at 11am.
2. Swim At Night: Like we mentioned above, your swimming shouldn’t be limited just to daytime! Swimming at night as such a unique experience and amazing way to see the city all lit up.
3. Watch the Weather: Try and plan your visit and time at the pool with the weather. Singapore is typically a sunny humid climate, but the tropical climate can also bring heavy rains.
4. Be an Early Bird: This incredible rooftop pool in Singapore opens at 6am, and that’s a good time to see it! If you can manage to wake up early you’ll have it to yourself while also avoiding the peak temperatures of the day.
5. Check Out Late: You paid a lot of money to swim in the Marina Bay Sands pool so you might as well ask for a late check out, too!
More Helpful Information About the Pool
-You can only swim in the Marina Bay Sands Infinity Pool if you are a guest of the hotel. Every entry and exit is guarded and your personal hotel key is used to scan in and out of the pool area.
– Chairs are first come first serve. Also, don’t think about waking up early and grabbing a spot to leave your things. If a chair (even with personal items) is unattended for 45 minutes the stuff is taken to the towel collection so other guests can use the chairs.
– There are multiple pool cleanings per day. When you walk past each section of the pool just look from the small board that says what the next time is. If you do sit down and they start cleaning you can always just hop in another section of the pool, or simply enjoy the view!
– Sunblock is only for sale and not free to use. We understand this is common at most resorts. However, at most 5 star hotels we have always had free sunblock. Bring your own or get ready to spend $20 for a travel size tube!
– When you scan out of the pool head to the Sands SkyPark Observation Deck. This is included in your hotel stay, and another great view of the city.
Does the Exclusive Rooftop Pool in Singapore Live Up to the Hype?
For the $300 or more a night price tag is it worth the hype? YES! Imagine yourself swimming in an infinity pool 57 floors up overlooking one of the most beautiful cities in Asia.
Sounds incredible right? If you have the money it is a no brainer, but even if you don’t it’s worth saving up for if you’re making the trip to Singapore.
So if you’re considering booking the Marina Bay Sands you should absolutely do it. We had always wanted to stay and swim in the Marina Bay Sands pool, and it truly lived up to our wildest expectations. Planning it for Jake’s 30th birthday was a double bonus and perfect way to celebrate the day, too!
Have you stayed at the Marina Bay Sands and swam at one of the best pools in the world? We would love to hear about your experience! Also, if you have any questions about this resort please comment below and let us know.
Brigitte & Jake
Where in the world are we? Follow our daily adventures on Instagram @nothingfamiliar!
Where To Stay In Singapore
Ultra Luxury – Marina Bay Sands – If you’re looking for the ultimate in Luxury then here it is! We stayed at the Marina Bay Sands on our most recent visit to Singapore, and it blew away our expectations. Not to mention swimming in the best rooftop pool in Singapore will be the top highlight from your whole time here!
Fun Vacation – Parkroyal on Pickering– It doesn’t get much more green and lush then Parkroyal on Pickering! This fun vacation hotel is literally one of the greenest hotels in the world. Plant life covers the hotel to make it a unique experience in Singapore.
Hostel Life – hipstercity hostel – Fun hostel in the heart of downtown Singapore near one of the best pools in the world at Marina Bay. Enjoy both private and dorm rooms, and a comfortable common area.
For more places to stay in Singapore you can explore the latest prices here!
Singapore Travel Planning
Tours: Check out Get Your Guide for activities all over Singapore. You can book everything from a Singapore Highlights Bike Tour to a Gardens by the Bay E-Ticket, and even a private food tour with 10 tastings!
Travel Insurance: Never travel abroad without being covered. We’ve been using SafetyWing for the last few years on the road and they are there when we need them.
*We receive a commission for purchases made through links in this post. This allows us to continue our travels and keep providing great content to our readers! Also, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.